Sunday, January 30, 2011

Triple Karmeliet

Triple Karmeliet is one of my favorite Belgian Beers I have tried. I purchased a bottle of this beer at Whole Foods for about $12 for a 750ml bottle. The head of this beer poured very smoothly, but didn't last very long at all (about 2 minutes). This beer is 8.4% ABV and has a nice sweet lingering taste. I am giving this beer 4.5/5 stars, as the bottled version is not as good as the draft version.

I was first introduced to this beer last February (2010) at the best Belgian Beer Bar in Oakland, "The Trappist". I was invited to "The Trappist" by a friend of mine, who knew I enjoyed beer. Before that night I hadn't had any Belgian beer, but since then I have loved Belgian beer and have been to "The Trappist" many times. If you enjoy Belgian Beer I would definitely recommend that you try this beer and visit "The Trappist".

No comments:

Post a Comment