Sunday, March 27, 2011

Possible Westvleteren - 12

Today I went for an adventure, to try and find the last Belgian Trappist beer I am missing to complete my Belgian Trappist beer reviews "Westvleteren". I have searched for this beer online and in the Whole Foods near my home, to no avail. I have also tried the local Bevmo and I tried the Trappist Bar in Oakland, again no success. The last place I could think of to try was "Beer Revolution" (also located in Oakland).

After looking through the cooler for a good fifteen minutes, I decided that I would ask the bar tending staff to see if they had any ideas of where I might find this beer. I spoke with a nice woman bar tender that I have seen there many times before, she told me that I would be unable to find "Westvleteren" at her bar or any other bar that she could think of in the area. She also told me that the only way that she knows that people get this beer is to go to the Trappist and purchase a case of it. After speaking with her for a while and telling her how much this beer meant to me, she said that she has a Westvleteren 12 in her fridge at home and that she will share it with me on Wednesday night. So on Wednesday night I will go to Beer Revolution and share one of the rarest Belgian beers. I will write a nice review Wednesday or Thursday.


See you at the bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment