Sunday, January 23, 2011

Westmalle - Triple


Happy Belgian Beer Sundays!

Today I am trying a real Trappist Belgian Beer, Westmalle's Triple. Westmalle is a Trappist beer that is produced by Belgian monks. This bottle runs about $11.50 at my local Whole Foods, it is 750ml in size and fills just over two pint glasses. This beer poured very well and produced a nice white foamy head, that lasted about five minutes.

Westmalle Triple has a very alcoholic flavor, a first smell you wouldn't assume this much of an alcoholic flavor, but after your first sip, you will notice it. There are subtle hints of citrus and after the third of forth sip you get used to the alcoholic flavor of this beer and it goes down very smoothly. I give this beer 3/5 stars on my current Belgian beer scale. It is entirely possible that the Belgian beers I have tried in the past are all the best ones, but I will see and adjust ratings, when I have sampled more Belgian beers.


See you at the bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment